Sunday 12 May 2013

Crossing EVERYTHING

We piled in the car yesterday to go and look at THE HOUSE. Paul stayed up after his back shift (and was a WEE bit cranky). I wanted to leave here by 9:30 and we were on the road by 9:45... SUCCESS! Took the highway down (VERY FOGGY OVER THE MOUNTAIN) and ended up where Paul wanted us to be. Yay. The he used my Google maps app on the phone to find the house. WELL. As we know that can be a bit dubious but since it was Paul's first time he hasn't been acquainted with it's fickle nature. So we got a LITTLE lost in a new-ish looking subdivision-ish place with street names like Sugar Maple Road LOL.

It wasn't hard to get back on track and soon we had found the little road that our could-be dream house was on. Going by memory we looked for the house by street number (I was WRONG by about 30 numbers LOL) so because there was little service we turned and looked by eyeing the houses... the one we were looking for was QUITE distinctive. NOPE. Found service before Paul buried my body or fed me to a hillbilly looking person on the side of the farm-y rural road (haha). He saw the number on a mail box by a little dirt lane... (Off the road... CHECK!) We drove up the lane (past the houses on the next lane and into the trees... (No neighbors in sight... CHECK) Okay so it was small... and MESSY... like someone was still living there... barbecue... bikes... old snow mobile... smoking pile of burning cans... But the people had said "use imagination..." So I looked PAST that... and was charmed by the TINY cottage. Paul was charmed by the huge garage with bay doors and a wood stove. (Not so charmed by the rotting deer head hanging from the back of it.) So the second out building is gone (it was a tiny shed) and the fence around the "fenced" pond was pretty much gone. But we walked over to the pond and a huge frog jumped and startled Paul... I was home. I freaking LOVE frogs. they're so neat. Its a small shallow little duck pond (I'm picturing a little duck house with ducks named Huey, Duey, Scrooge, Darkwing, Launchpad and JimBo). The 4 acres are wooded except the clearing for the house, and for the pond.... I'm going to draw you a picture and figure out how to insert it... 1 internet sec.


It literally has a cabin cottage peaceful feel to it. 


The inside was a mess... Ugly half painted (sometimes holey) walls... most of the person's furniture including toys and movies and clothes and televisions... I feel bad for the landlords who basically are packing this person's entire house and putting it in storage for 60 days... If all goes through they would give us the key early so we could paint before we moved in. 

We put in their application so now it's the waiting game :)

2 comments:

  1. lol... at your picture!!! but awesome at moving.... :) I love to move... you are definitely the cottage-y type!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul lol'd at my picture too. He said, "Wow... I think youre more excited than I am" LOL. I love it too... Not so much pregnant but whatever LOL

    ReplyDelete