Tuesday 7 May 2013

A New Day... A New Blog

Starting out in a tiny trailer in Wentworth and hopefully ending off with a small self-sustaining homesteady micro-farm some place isolated and peaceful. Can't wait! This blog is going to be my way of holding myself accountable on our journey. A fiend of mine moved to the Valley awhile ago and reading her facebook posts I am so envious at times. Even of little things I COULD be doing now... she has chickens.... I could have chickens... she has a garden... I could have a garden... she has actual hobbies and things she likes to do... I COULD TOO! lol.

Starting off right now there are 5 of us (and one on the way) and 3 dogs living in a 2 bedroom trailer... With a big orange cat who lives outside. The dynamic doesn't work. The manly man of the household just went back to work (nights this week). He works 45 minutes away. 

Because of this our short term goals right now include:
  • pay down/ off our high power bill accrued over the Winter in this cold trailer
  • find somewhere to rent, either outside of Truro or in Pictou county
  • survive until then
Very straight forward. Him being back to work will make things easier to get caught up. He makes more money and him driving the 45 minutes each way makes our plight more real... Plus I am 6 months pregnant and we dont want to ad another child to this leaky moldy trailer.

Well... I must go bring the kids lunch to school and get started on some laundry. Chow!

1 comment: