Monday 20 May 2013

Best weekend ever!

Kids went to their father's on Friday. My pans for Saturday included sleeping in while Paul slept off his back shift and then snuggling and hanging around the house. Well he got home and had the car already filled with gas for a ROAD TRIP to the VALLEY. Yay! We jumped in the car with the doggies and headed out. Stopped for coffee and drrrrooooooveeee. He napped while I drove and listened to my music :)

We stopped in Rawdon at Smiley's and ran the dogs for a few minutes and then drove some more. I took Paul to Pearl's of Paradise for lunch... he wanted a burger... A BURGER. AT PEARLS. Sacrilege. I had him get a 3 piece fish and chips to share. While we waited for our order we saw a little ancient lady RUN for her order when her number was called. THAT'S HOW YOU KNOW IT'S GOOD! Paul agree'd it was the best thing ever and we continued on.

My aunt and uncle live in Bridgetown and I figured they'd be working etc so I wasn't going to stop in but we dithered and I told Paul I'd show him where they live and if it looked like they were home we could stop. We stopped and I checked and turned out it was my cousin's daughters b-day so  my aunt and uncle, 2 cousins, 1's man and all their kids were there. We visited for a couple of hours and went back on the road.

I tried to be all mysterious dropping in to a friend's house down there (lol) but she figured it out. Paul and I followed Digby to Digby neck and drove some more LOL It was lovely. Afterward we headed to Deb's. Paul went with Bill to bond and work and do mysterious man stuff and Deb and I chatted and gossipped and caught up... Then we took the dogs out to play... Then my dogs discovered chasing goats and they were OFF.

Once we chased them down and got the goats contained we went back to our coffee and the manfolk came back. Bill fixed the fence and we chatted more. Paul and I bunked in the boys' room in a teeny bed. mmm bacon and eggs for breakfast and more coffee.

Eventually we said our goodbyes and headed home. and got lost... and headed home. We stopped at a flea market/ swap meet yard sale thing then a few more yard sales. Once closer to home we stopped at Masstown so Paul could buy me a rose plant for our anniversary. They had little roses on sale buy one get 1 free for 8 bucks. My always thinking Paul splurged though and bought me a big bush to plant at our new home. I LOVE HIM.

Kev brought the kids home and then we took them to the drive in theater for the evening :D Rise of the Guardians was awesome! and so was Star Trek :D We skipped Hansel and Gretel (Paul and I had seen it) and took our sleeping kiddies home. :D We got home around 3:30am and crashed hard.

Today I am feeling it HARDCORE so it's been a resting and unproductive day. Paul's making Hamburger Helper, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob...

And it's almost ready!!!

1 comment: